Contact email

London, UK

Where do you see people face-to-face?

I use a clinic near London Bridge (see map below).

Munro Centre
66 Snowsfields

Is my GP informed?

Preferably yes. Definitely when you might be at risk to yourself or others.

Helpful Information and Resources

Increasing Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT)

These services are provided by the NHS throughout the UK. They offer psychological therapies to people experiencing a range of mental health problems. You can contact them directly to arrange an assessment.

The link below will take you to a search page where you can search for an IAPT service in your local area.

If you live in the UK, IAPT services are free (i.e., they have been paid for by the taxes collected from people in the UK).

Doctor Checking a Form

Health and Care Professions Council

The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) regulate practitioners in the UK. You can use the link below to check that your therapist is regulated.

British Psychological Society

The British Psychological Service offer a similar service to the HCPC. The link below will take you to a search page where you can check the status of your psychologist.

British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies

Like the HCPC and BPS, the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) also provide a website where you can check your CBT therapist is accredited. The link to this webpage can be accessed via the button below.

Feeling suicidal

Lots of us feel suicidal at times in lives. There is no shame in this. It is important that when we feel like this, we seek help. This can seem daunting but civilisation has progressed and help is out there. Consider telling a friend or a family member, a GP or other health care practitioner. You can consider calling an organisation like the Samaritans (in the UK and ROI their phone number is 116 123). It may not seem like it, but there is usually a way to improve your mental health.

If you ever feel immediately at risk, call an ambulance (999 in the UK) or go to your local A & E. Don't feel that you are wasting their time - it is what they are there for and it is why people chose to devote their lives to this calling.

If you feel like this, seeing a psychologist for private therapy is probably not your best bet. If you are in the UK, I recommend that the NHS is your first port of call.

Bruce Fernie, psychologist

  • Twitter Social Icon

London, UK

©2018 by Psychology Services. Proudly created with Wix.com